2021 has been another strong reading year! I may not have read as many books as last year, but that’s okay. Life happens. Here were my goals for 2021:
- Continue to enjoy what I read and embrace the mood reader in me!
- Be more selective and mindful of the books I receive/request that I will be reviewing.
- Buy less books and use the resources I have to attain books, e.x. library, current book subscriptions I’m actively using.
Here’s what I learned:
- Reading my favorite genres help me enjoy reading. I found that sticking with my favorite genres (romance and thrillers) actually gave me comfort and helped me get out of reading slumps.
- Stepping up my audiobook game! Audiobooks have been a wonderful option during those times where I want to read but I don’t have the time to sit down and read a book, need to multitask or my eyes are tired from staring at screens all day.
- Mood reading is ok. I’ve noticed that whenever I’ve forced myself to read a book because of a deadline or whatnot, I don’t appreciate it as much. That isn’t to say that I’m going to throw deadlines out the door but to give myself a better mix of books I need to read and ones I feel like picking up.
After reflecting my reading habits this past year, I decided to focus on these 3 goals for 2022:
- GoodReads Challenge: Put at 1 for fourth year in a row to continue to enjoy what I read.
- Read more books from South Asian authors.
- Finish the rest of Jane Austen novels this year.
How was your 2021 reading year? What are your 2022 reading goals?