Rating books is subjective. There isn’t really a right or wrong way, but there are some topics to consider when rating a book. Here are some of the questions I ask myself to help me determine my rating:
- Did the plot match the summary or teaser?
- Did this book resonate me?
- What did I think of the characters?
- What were my favorite parts of the novel?
- What were my least favorite parts? Why?
- Was the book overall entertaining?
As for the actual rating, I usually base my rating from the standard 1 to 5 stars. I don’t do half star reviews as you can’t leave half star reviews on GoodReads or Amazon. Personally, I don’t find them to be very helpful either.
Down below is my rating scale I go by.
Do you agree with how I rate books? How do you rate books your read? Share in the comments below!