2018 was a wonderful reading year for me! Here are some positive things that happened:
- Not only did I surpass my original goal of reading 50 books, but I surpassed my revised goal of reading over 100 books (I netted out to 105 books)
- I met some really great people on bookstagram both online and in person
- I received my first physical ARC book this year (It was An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen)
Some things I learned this past year:
- It’s okay to DNF a book so I can read something else that’s better.
- Be picky about the books I decide to read and put on my TBR list
- It’s more of quality of books I’ve read versus the quantity
Going into 2019, here are my reading goals:
- GoodReads Reading Goal: Putting the goal at zero so I focus on books I truly want to read and not stress about getting to a specific number (updated as 1/8/19)
- Join a book club I will enjoy and to meet new friends
- Buy less books for myself – buy books for book swaps and utilize the library more
How was your 2018 reading year? What are your goals for 2019?